Infusion 51a Sponsors the Champions for a Cure Tournament, an Event by To Cure a Rose Foundation

Infusion 51a participates in Champions for a Cure Tournament, an event by the To Cure a Rose foundation

Pinehurst, North Carolina February 21st, 2022 – Infusion 51a LP (“Infusion 51a” or the “Fund”), an impact investment firm funding oncological companies to help millions of cancer patients to get better diagnosis and treatment options in unmet solid tumors, sponsored on February 20th and 21st at the Champions for a Cure Tournament, a golf event at the Cradle and Pinehurst No. 2 organized by To Cure a Rose Foundation, a non-profit focused on bringing therapies to underserved children with rare genetic diseases.

To Cure a Rose Foundation was founded in 2021 by Casey McPherson, a parent looking for help for his little daughter Rose. She was diagnosed with HNRNPH2 in 2019, a rare genetic condition involving a gene on the X chromosome. Two years later, after hundreds of meetings with researchers, scientists, academics, and biotech companies, he started To Cure a Rose Foundation to develop a therapeutic for children like Rose.

The first edition of the The Champions for a Cure Tournament took place at the legendary Pinehurst Golf Club, usually referred to as “The Cradle of Golf”. Designed by Donald Ross in 1907, Pinehurst No. 2 has served as the site of more single golf championships than any other in America.

Scott VanderMeer, Infusion 51a’s General Partner and a participant at the event, shared his thoughts on the two-day experience: “Taking part in other projects that pursue the funding of causes that matter is what the Infusion 51a team is all about. We’re thankful for all the great people we met at the Champions for a Cure Tournament, and we’re excited to keep collaborating together.” 

Likewise, Founder and CEO of the organization, Casey McPherson, commented: “We’re developing novel therapeutics for children with rare genetic diseases, like Rose. Alongside our academic and corporate partners, we’re offering hope and opportunity to all children like her.  The turnout and sponsorships at the event were amazing and the money raised will help us get one step closer to getting into the clinic.  Sponsors like Infusion 51a are great partners to have as we all try to make this world a better place for diagnosing and treatment options in unmet needs in different medical sectors. 120 million children suffer with rare genetic diseases, and only 5% of them have cures.  The Foundation has the technology to help many of the other 95%, we just need to do the work.”

About Infusion 51a

Infusion 51a is an impact investment fund focused on Healthcare and Biotech while leveraging the booming industry of Precision Medicine. Precision Medicine is a turning point within the Healthcare sector, with digital technologies and artificial intelligence leading to unprecedented opportunities for drug discoveries and developments. The Fund has several oncological assets under management derived from its diversified portfolio of clinical-stage and marketed companies.

For further information, please visit https://infusion51a.com or email scott@infusion51a.com.

About To Cure a Rose Foundation

To Cure A Rose Foundation was started with the mission of bringing genetic therapies to underserved children like Rose McPherson. To Cure a Rose Foundation has a path to create a novel antisense oligonucleotide (ASO) and gene therapy for children with HNRNPH2, opening up a second chance at life. In turn, our work will help accelerate these exciting platforms across rare diseases as a whole. By doing our part, To Cure a Rose Foundation team expects to offer a brighter future to all these children, one Rose at a time.

For further information, please visit https://tocurearose.org or message genevieve@tocurearose.org

John Doe

John Doe

Lorem ipsum dolor sit